We have various glove boxes in different sizes. They are filled either with argon or nitrogen. To weigh chemicals a few glove boxes are equipped with laboratory scales. One box has a built-in microscope which enables the preparation of oxygen- or water-sensitive samples for X-ray structure analysis.
Single crystal and powder X-ray diffractometers
The institute inherites several single crystal diffractometers:
- IPDS-I from Stoe&Cie with BaFCl:Eu2+-doped Image-Plate
- Kappa-CCD from Bruker-Nonius with cooling (up to a maximum of -170°C) and heating (up to a maximum of 1000°C)
as well as severalpowder diffractometers:
- STADI-P from Stoe&Cie equipped with position sensitive (PDS) and Image-Plate (IP) detektora
- STADI-P from Stoe&Cie equipped with Mythen 1K detektor
- Rigaku Smart LabPowder Diffraction System
Electron Ray Microprobe
The electron ray microprobe Cameca type SX100 is used to perform qualitative and semi-quantitative analyses to verify the chemical composition of single crystals whose structure was solved by X-ray single crystal structure analysis.